The Bloomfield Township Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. .
Police Officer: Application Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university. Exceptionally well-qualified individuals may apply in their senior year of college.
- Weight and height proportionate as indicated by accepted medical standards
- Eyesight corrected to 20/20
- No felony convictions
- Minimal traffic record
- Passed MCOLES pre-employment batteries. Click here for more information.
- Be certifiable by MCOLES
- Pass a department physical exam
- Become an Oakland County resident or live within a county that borders Oakland County, within one (1) year of official appointment or hiring date.
- Pass a psychological test by a licensed psychologist selected by Bloomfield Township
- Pass a drug screen
- Applicants must pass an EMPCO entry-level police officer written examination prior to any oral interview (if offered).
Public Safety Dispatcher: Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and show proof of United States residency. They must have a high school diploma or its equivalent. They may not have a criminal record.
See the job posting and information on how to apply.
See current Bloomfield Township employment opportunities.