Help for Small Businesses
The Pure Michigan Small Business Relief Initiative will utilize federal CARES Act funding to provide $10 million in grants to meet the urgent need of Michigan small businesses disproportionately impacted the COVID-19 virus. Applications for businesses to apply will open on December 15, 2020.
For details go to Pure Michigan Small Business Relief
Food Delivery Options
Bloomfield Township Senior Services has compiled a list of Delivery and Carry Out Food Options
provided by local businesses. For anyone who is looking for a way to access food without going to the grocery store, this list of food options is a great resource.
Michigan residents are encouraged to wear masks when out in public. See this DIY Guide
to making masks.
The Township is working on updating information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). This page will be updated daily as new information is available. See below for accurate, verified information.
Oakland County Business Re-opening Tool Kits
COVID-19 information from Oakland County Health Department
COVID-19 Dashboard Monitor
COVID-19 County Count Map
Oakland County Health Screening Order of April 14, 2020
Coronavirus Act Now
Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Information
Protect Your Home
COVID-19 Checklist for Older Adults
Guide to Telehealth Services and Seeing a Virtual Nurse
COVID-19 Letter to Residents 3/16/20
Coronavirus letter to residents
Oakland County's Nurse on Call (NOC) telephone service offers information about health and related resources. Calls are answered by Oakland County Health Division Public Health Nurses.
- Information regarding communicable diseases, pregnancy and child health, nutrition, and more.
- Referrals to health-related resources located in Oakland County, Michigan.
Oakland County’s Nurse on Call line is 800-848-5533.
Beware of scammers taking advantage of COVID-19 fears!
COVID-19 Scam Flyer
Information on Township Services Affected by COVID-19 Precautions
All Township offices are closed to the public. Residents may contact the Township by phone or email
Passport services are currently suspended.
POLICE DEPARTMENT RECORDS DIVISION
Records Division staff will be limited. All records requests can be dropped off into the drop box inside the Police Department lobby. The Department encourages people to email FOIA requests and clearance record requests to Police
. Dog licenses can be done online at Oakland County
. Crash reports can be downloaded online at the CLEMIS website
, and pistol sales receipts can be mailed to 4200 Telegraph Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 ATTN: Records.
The BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP SENIOR CENTER is closed to the public until further notice. Medical transportation and Meals on Wheels continue to operate.
The CABLE STUDIO is closed to the public until further notice. Staff is working on site and remotely to record and televise meetings and Zoom-based shows for interested producers.
The PLANING, BUILDING AND ORDINANCE DEPARTMENT is resuming normal operations by staff working both remotely and in the office. However, there is no public admittance into Township buildings at this time. Please refer to our website frequently, as this is an ongoing and changing situation. We apologize for any inconvenience in our efforts to comply with the State and CDC guidelines.
PLANNING DIVISION: Applications to the Design Review Board, Planning Commission or Zoning Board of Appeals may be submitted via mail with a check or by email with online credit card payment. Follow the instructions on the Planning Forms page
. The regular scheduled meetings of the Design Review Board, Planning Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals are available by electronic remote access. Instructions will be posted accordingly for each public meeting.
Contact the Planning Division: Call 248-433-7795 or email
BUILDING DIVISION: Offices are closed to the public until further notice
. Building Division staff are working in the office and remotely from home.
We will be requiring that all customers strictly adhere to the following protocols:
- Applications for permits and fees can be submitted via mail or to the drop box in the main entrance of Township Hall. For submittal information please see the Permits page.
- Please make checks or money orders payable to “Bloomfield Township”. Do not place cash in the drop box.
- Scheduling inspections for permits must be done by calling the inspection line at 248-594-2818 or via the BS&A database.
- Inspectors are working remotely. They will return calls and emails, but due to the high volume, it may be on a delayed basis.
- Larger sets of plans can be dropped off to the Police Department if they will not fit in the main entrance drop box. The Police Department entrance is on the south side of the Township Hall building.
- When Building Permit reviews are approved, you will be contacted with the fees and payment options will be discussed at this time. Once fees are paid, appointments are required to pick up your Building Permit and approved plans. A staff member will contact you to schedule the appointment and go over pick-up protocols. AGAIN, THERE IS TO BE NO ADMITTANCE INTO THE LOWER LEVEL PLANNING BUILDING AND ORDINANCE OFFICES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Contact the Building Division: 248-433-7715 or email
ORDINANCE DIVISION: Due to the current MDHHS guidelines for the virus pandemic, Ordinance Enforcement Officers continue to be limited to outside inspection work and performing their office duties remotely, from home, until further notice. Should you wish to speak to a specific officer, please call the main Ordinance office number at 248-594-2845 and leave a message on that officer’s phone extension. The Officer will return your call within 48 business hours. General questions may also be submitted through the website by email
ENGINEERING & ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Effective immediately and in accordance with Executive Order 2020-21 (COVID-19) the Bloomfield Township Engineering & Environmental Services Department is closed until further notice. If you have a medical emergency, hang up and call 911. If you have questions or concerns for the Bloomfield Township Engineering & Environmental Services Department, please email email@example.com or call 248-594-2800. A staff member will return your phone call and respond to email on a delayed basis. For more information see Covid-19 Policies & Procedures