Help for Small Businesses
The Pure Michigan Small Business Relief Initiative will utilize federal CARES Act funding to provide $10 million in grants to meet the urgent need of Michigan small businesses disproportionately impacted the COVID-19 virus. Applications for businesses to apply will open on December 15, 2020.
For details go to Pure Michigan Small Business Relief
Food Delivery Options
Bloomfield Township Senior Services has compiled a list of Delivery and Carry Out Food Options
provided by local businesses. For anyone who is looking for a way to access food without going to the grocery store, this list of food options is a great resource.
Michigan residents are encouraged to wear masks when out in public. See this DIY Guide
to making masks.
The Township is working on updating information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). This page will be updated daily as new information is available. See below for accurate, verified information.
Oakland County Business Re-opening Tool Kits
COVID-19 information from Oakland County Health Department
COVID-19 Dashboard Monitor
COVID-19 County Count Map
Oakland County Health Screening Order of April 14, 2020
Coronavirus Act Now
Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Information
Protect Your Home
COVID-19 Checklist for Older Adults
Guide to Telehealth Services and Seeing a Virtual Nurse
COVID-19 Letter to Residents 3/16/20
Coronavirus letter to residents
Oakland County's Nurse on Call (NOC) telephone service offers information about health and related resources. Calls are answered by Oakland County Health Division Public Health Nurses.
- Information regarding communicable diseases, pregnancy and child health, nutrition, and more.
- Referrals to health-related resources located in Oakland County, Michigan.
Oakland County’s Nurse on Call line is 800-848-5533.
Beware of scammers taking advantage of COVID-19 fears!
COVID-19 Scam Flyer
Information on Township Services Affected by COVID-19 Precautions
All Township offices are closed to the public. Residents may contact the Township by phone or email
Passport services are currently suspended.
POLICE DEPARTMENT RECORDS DIVISION
Records Division staff will be limited. All records requests can be dropped off into the drop box inside the Police Department lobby. The Department encourages people to email FOIA requests and clearance record requests to Police
. Dog licenses can be done online at Oakland County
. Crash reports can be downloaded online at the CLEMIS website
, and pistol sales receipts can be mailed to 4200 Telegraph Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 ATTN: Records.
The BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP SENIOR CENTER is closed to the public until further notice. Medical transportation and Meals on Wheels continue to operate.
The CABLE STUDIO is closed to the public until further notice. Staff is working on site and remotely to record and televise meetings and Zoom-based shows for interested producers.
The PLANING, BUILDING AND ORDINANCE DEPARTMENT is resuming normal operations by staff working both remotely and in the office. However, there is no public admittance into Township buildings at this time. Please refer to our website, www.bloomfieldtwp.org frequently, as this is an ongoing and changing situation. We apologize for any inconvenience in our efforts to comply with the State and CDC guidelines.
PLANNING DIVISION: Applications to the Design Review Board, Planning Commission or Zoning Board of Appeals maybe submitted via mail with a check or by email with online credit card payment. Follow the instructions on the Planning Forms page
. The regular scheduled meetings of the Design Review Board, Planning Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals will be reinstated by electronic remote access in June. Instructions will be posted accordingly for each public meeting.
Planning: 248-433-7795 or email@example.com
BUILDING DIVISION: In accordance with the Governor’s Orders, as of May 7, 2020 the Building Division will begin to release permits that have been in queue since the Stay Home Order was revised. We will be requiring that all customers adhere strictly to the following protocols until further notice:
- There will be no public admittance into Bloomfield Township buildings.
- Building Division staff will be working both in the office and remotely from home.
- Inspections will need to be properly scheduled as normal via the inspection line on 248-594-2818 or via the BS&A database as normal.
- Inspectors will be working remotely and begin making scheduled inspections on Monday, May 11th.
- Applications for permits can be submitted via mail or to the drop box in the main lobby of Township Hall.
- Fees can now be paid on line with credit cards. All online credit card transaction fees will be waived for the month of May 2020.
- Large sets of plans submitted for application can be dropped off to the Police Department.
- When permits are issued and ready for pick up, you will be contacted with the fees as normal and payment options will be discussed at this time. Once the fees are paid, you will need to contact the Building Division at 248-433-7715 for an appointment to pick up your permits and any respective stamped plans. The documents will be made available for pick up by appointment only. Permits and approved plans will be placed in the OUTER VESTIBULE of the Planning, Building and Ordinance Department lower level entrance once the appointment is coordinated with the building division. AGAIN, THERE IS TO BE NO ADMITTANCE INTO THE LOWER LEVEL PBO OFFICES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Once in the parking lot, you must call the Building Division main office 248-433-7715 to get clearance to come into the vestibule. When picking up your documents, it is mandatory that you wear a mask and only one individual will be permitted within the vestibule area at a time. This will be closely monitored and anyone not in compliance will not be permitted to enter the vestibule.
Building: 248-433-7715 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ORDINANCE DIVISION: Effective May 11, 2020, the Ordinance Enforcement staffing will return to normal levels. However, the inspectors will be limited to outside inspection work and performing their office duties remotely. Should you wish to speak to a specific officer, please call the main Ordinance office number, 248-594-2845, and leave a message on that officer's extension. The officer will return your call within 24 business hours. General questions may also be submitted through the website at
ENGINEERING & ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
Effective immediately and in accordance with Executive Order 2020-21 (COVID-19) the Bloomfield Township Engineering & Environmental Services Department is closed until further notice. If you have a medical emergency, hang up and call 911. If you have questions or concerns for the Bloomfield Township Engineering & Environmental Services Department, please email email@example.com or call 248-594-2800. A staff member will return your phone call and respond to email on a delayed basis. For more information see Covid-19 Policies & Procedures