NOTE: Passport services will NOT be available on Monday, November 5th through Wednesday, November 7th. We will resume regular passport hours (Monday – Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) on Thursday, November 8th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Bloomfield Township Clerk’s Office offers complete, convenient passport service at 4200 Telegraph Road, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302.
Hours are 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Thursday. Offices are closed on Fridays.
Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative On June 1, 2009, the U.S. government implemented the full requirements of the land and sea phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI). The proposed rules require most U.S. citizens entering the United States at sea or land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card, or other travel documents approved by the Department of Homeland Security.
Passport photos and copy services are available.
- All applicants must apply in person.
- Valid passports are required for children of every age.
To apply for a U.S. passport or passport card, applicants must provide:
- A passport application form completed using black ink only. All forms may be found at the Department of State’s passport website and passport acceptance facilities.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship in the form of a previous passport, passport card, certified birth certificate or naturalization certificate.
- Copy of identity, including a current driver’s license (front & back), passport, naturalization certificate, government or military ID.
- Proof of relationship to parents required for applicants 15 years old and younger. A birth certificate fulfills this requirement.
- NOTE: Social Security cards are not acceptable identification.
These lists are not all inclusive of what may be required to process a passport application. Click on the link(s) below for full details.
New Passport/Minors Passport
(Applicant must mail passport application if issued at age of 16 and older and less than 15 years from date of issue.)
- US Department of State: (Check or money order)
- Bloomfield Township: (Cash, check, money order or credit/debit card)
- $35.00 execution fee
- $10.00 Photo fee
- $ 1.00 Copy fee
- A convenience fee will be applied to all credit/debit card payments. The fee is based upon the amount you are paying.
If you need your U.S. passport in less than 2 weeks for international travel or you need your passport within 4 weeks to obtain a foreign visa, please call the Automated Appointment System at 877-487-2778. The Detroit Passport Agency is located at 211 W Fort St., Detroit, MI 48226. Hours of operation are Monday and Tuesday, 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM; Wednesday - Friday, 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM. Expedite fees are required.
Travelers who need additional information about new passport regulations may visit the U.S. Department of State web site or call the Bloomfield Township Clerk at 248-433-7702.
Last updated: 22, 2018