Adult Day Service Program Assistant
Integral member of adult day service (ADS) team providing therapeutic activities and personal care to senior adults who have cognitive, memory, and/or physical impairments. Assists in development, planning, implementation and evaluation of program activities. Provide one to one support to members as needed. Provide input to develop and monitor members’ care plans and ensure a safe environment. This position is supervised by the ADS Coordinator/Social Worker. The schedule is created monthly based on member census, and would likely consist of 2 days per week/4-6 hours per day. Position capped at 1,400 annually.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop an effective working relationship with each participant based upon knowledge of each member's psychosocial and physical health assessment.
- Provide input to develop and monitor members’ care plans.
- Assist the Activities Assistant to develop, plan, implement and evaluate program activities.
- Lead or co-lead activities as assigned.
- Assist members with personal care, including toileting and hygiene if needed.
- Provide limited physical assistance for safety and balance.
- Ensure safety of members by monitoring health status, behavior, and environment.
- Assist with van transport of member. MI chauffeur’s license preferred or be able to get one within first two months of employment.
- Record observations of participant behavior and communicate with other staff regarding changes.
- Assist with cleaning as needed to avoid risk to participants or to enhance program operation.
- Provide supportive intervention to family caregivers, as requested.
- Set up program area for meal, serve meal, and clean up after meal.
SUPPLEMENTARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Render first aid as needed. First aid/CPR training provided within 3 months of hire.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings; assist in public relations and community activities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ year related work experience with senior adults who have cognitive, memory, and/or physical impairments preferred.
- Experience providing personal care and therapeutic activities preferred.
- Dementia training preferred.
- High level of interpersonal skills to successfully communicate with participants, the public and staff.
- Competence in writing and computer skills sufficient to prepare required documentation.
- Driving record must meet safe driving standards as established by Agency insurance carrier. Valid Michigan driver's license required; chauffeurs recommended.
Position capped at $1,400 annually
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter and general Township application (see above) to Christine Tvaroha, Director of Senior Services to be considered for the interview process.