Mini-Bus Driver: Part Time
This part time position includes driving the mini bus to provide rides between customers’ homes and the active senior center. It may also include an occasional day trip. Supervision is by the Deputy Director of Senior Services, or designee.
The Center Transportation operates 9 AM – 4 PM Monday through Friday and scheduling may include a 3 - 4 hour shift based on availably. Schedules are created monthly and hours needed vary from 8-16 per week. More than one candidate may be hired.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Drive 14 passenger shuttle bus per routes provided.
• Participate in BTSS scheduling process and complete weekly timesheets.
• Participate in BTSS team meetings and special events as needed.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding patrons, department planning and communications.
• Clean and inspect BTSS bus; report maintenance concerns to administration.
• Perform related work and other essential tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Must possess a valid Michigan Chauffeurs License.
• Ability to work positively with seniors, the public, employees and administrators.
• Ability to learn of safety operation of BTSS vehicles.
• Basic knowledge of First Aid, Universal Precautions.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to perform manual labor; including providing an arm for safe entry and exit of bus.
• Must possess and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Interested parties will submit their confidential letter of interest, resume with salary requirements and references with a Bloomfield Township general employment application available on the website to:
Bloomfield Township Senior Center
4315 Andover Road, Bloomfield Township, MI 48302